An Apology Cake for Your Birthday


I'm starting to write this around midnight, six minutes before the date changes. Before I drew this piece I often asked myself, "Is this necessary? Is this what I wanted to do?" As you can see, I drew it and even posted it to this blog.

Asking for forgiveness with a birthday cake is never happened so far in my life, so I don't know what it is like to have one (a cake with an apology, I mean). Oh, before you think that this is my birthday and or I have a problem with somebody, I'll make it clear: this is not about my birthday and I'm not having any quarrel with anybody. It's just... I'm feeling guilty. This ugly feeling has piled up since March. The opposite party does not give any bad sign up until now but still I feel guilty and still can't forgive myself. Upon this artwork there's a part of it which actually asking myself for forgiveness to me even though I don't think I can let this feeling go soon.

Happy birthday and I'm sorry.

Comments