Allium: Sativum


Previously...

Here in Indonesia, there is a famous folktale involving red onion and garlic. It's about a protagonist girl named Bawang Putih (garlic) and her evil stepsister Bawang Merah (red onion). Generally, the story is similar with Cinderella, where the protagonist is tortured and is helped by magical power forms. Maybe there are many cases like them in real life back in the past? I hope not.

This time I post the main protagonist, Allium sativum; Allium: Sativum; Bawang Putih. I drew her with all those innocence and a little brave in her. I was indecisive with the main color to use here. It was between green and yellow but at the last minutes I chose blue instead. ^^; By the way, the puffy skirt resembles garlic's shape.

The story of Bawang Merah and Bawang Putih was not my favorite, to be honest, same with my opinion to Cinderella. Not in the bad way, though. Allium series started with accidental doodles that developed to something bigger. What I like here is how I make their toes since I rarely do it. It is nice to develop!

Comments