Are We Hanging Are We Out (+ Eid Mubarak!!!)

 
Eid Mubarak! We're still in Idul Fitri holiday as I post this. How do you spent yours? I wish you all the fun (and food!).

Mine goes quieter and quieter by the years, and I'm not even complaining. When I was little until at least a decade ago (circa 2014) Idul Fitri was always a hype thing. I don't usually buy new clothes; it's the food and the guests that were always festive. My family would had at least six kinds of cuisine, fruit punch and sodas, every kind of cookies where nastar and kastengel are mandatory, and three kinds of cakes to top it all. None ever wasted, alhamdulillah. Yet changes are coming through and somehow we celebrate Idul Fitri in a calmer way nowadays. And through my observation it goes the same to our surroundings here.


This artwork was made by the end of 2022. I intentionally made it as a warm-up artwork but I dived too deep already. 😂 This artwork was inspired by cheese toasts. There is a brand that sells cheese toast at malls around the city. It's tasty but the price is so expensive. :((( As far as I remember, I only bought it once. It's good for flexing though.


I chose mostly bold colors because I was still influenced by previous artworks. And as this was intended to be a warm-up, I didn't really put in everything "properly" so here we get the odd looking-away characters as if there was another view they focused on. 😵


Even though it's odd, this artwork always reminds me of cheese toasts. Two plies of bread with thick mozzarella cheese between them, toasted right after we order, served in a paper bag.

I think I will cook a lot of it at home.

Comments