Good Night and It's Not A Farewell

 


On today's episode of catching up with my old artworks...

Hi! This is my artwork of a girl wearing a helmet in nighttime. When I created this artwork I was working as a store staff. I used to operate at the store for 6 hours a day, 6 days a week. At one point the store opened a branch outlet and I was directed to operate there... 12 hours... 6 days a week. The store was heavily affected by the pandemic so it had no other staff, and I am not going to expose what kind of labor that I went through. I can tell that one of things that I should do was I had to work at the branch from 10 a.m to 10 p.m.


The biggest advantage that I could gain from my situation was I could create more illustrations, blog posts, learn how to operate a small business, how to face customers, etc. Of course my time and energy were extremely spent, if not wasted. But considering what I could take (and ignore) from this situation, I thought I could still stay. This is where the inspiration came from for this artwork.


The branch outlet was closed down for good after operating for 6 months. I was returned to the main outlet for the following months, included operating at bazaars. I worked there for about 2 years. Through this artwork I could remind myself that whenever I face a low point (if not the lowest) in my life, I could decide when I should end being there, and what I should do afterward. Every cloud has its silver linings.

Comments