Guard!


Hi! Today I will talk about this artwork. This is another artwork that I created at my previous workplace. You know, the branch store that opened for 12 hours. It was located in a huge public space where there were security guards working too. This artwork was inpired by a security guard I was befriended with. In a professional way.


Before I proceed this artwork from sketch to a fully colored one, I opened a voting on my Instagram story asking my viewers to decide whether this character should wear a mask or not. Health protocols (prokes; a more familiar slang in Indonesia) were still a thing in 2022. I was working with my mask on all day all night and so did those workers. I brought some spare masks everyday to keep wearing the clean ones. Even though we had that kind of situation, my viewers voted "without mask" for this character. 😂


Since I'm not working at that place again for the past year (it was ended in 2023), I don't communicate much with the-guy-this-artwork-inspired-by anymore. We texted each other for a few months after I switched my career just to update some news around that place. I still frequently visit there too, and sometimes we meet or pass by each other. But our communication is not as frequent as it used to be. We know that's normal. 👌

Comments